Our Mission and Beliefs
Holy Cross School is a faith-centered Catholic community offering an excellent academic program which is rooted in Gospel values. Students are empowered to do their best to learn and to apply their knowledge, religious values, and God given talents to meet the challenges of a morally complex 21st century.
We believe that:
- Each child is created in the image and likeness of God and therefore has inherent worth and is a valuable asset to the community.
- The intellectual, spiritual, social, and physical needs of students should be addressed.
- Students deserve a high-quality education in a safe, nurturing school community.
- Home and school collaborate to encourage students to strive for excellence.
- There is value in hard work, honesty, and perseverance.
- Students should be encouraged to take risks without fear of making mistakes.
- Faculty must develop and implement a rigorous and relevant academic program following the curriculum guidelines of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
- It is important to establish an atmosphere of discipline that ultimately leads to self-discipline where the rights of others are respected and personal actions are controlled in accordance with Christian social standards.
- Home and school work together to ensure a student’s growth and development as she/he becomes a self-confident, knowledgeable, and responsible citizen.
- Life-long learning is essential for reaching one’s potential.
- Students grow to become good human beings who can apply Christian values to meet the challenge of modern Christian living.